BUSINESS PARTNERS PUTTING YOUR NEEDS FIRST
We know it isn’t easy being a corn grower and sometimes questions come up. We’re here to help. Here are some FAQ’s to help you get answers quick. And, if you need more information call us at 1-800-369-7833 or chat with us online. We’ll help you find answers just as quick as you can rip open our seed bag.
About Wyffels Hybrids
- Q:Where is Wyffels Hybrids located?
The Wyffels Hybrids corporate headquarters is located at 13344 U.S. Highway 6, Geneseo, IL 61254.
The Wyffels Hybrids production facility is located at 740 East Henry Street, Atkinson, IL 61235.
Or, call us at 1-800-369-7833.
- Q:How do I locate the closest sales representative to me?
- Q:Is it true that you only sell corn?
It’s true, we focus solely on corn. At Wyffels, our only business is bringing you better seed corn, more professionally than anyone else. And we do it armed with superior genetics and advanced traits. At Wyffels we make the best seed corn you can buy. But not much else.
- Q:I’m interested in working for Wyffels. How do I find out about opportunities?
Check out opportunities by visiting our careers page.
- Q:I’m interested in being a seed representative. How do I learn more?
Contact your local Wyffels Representative. They will help you learn more about possible opportunities.
- Q:Do you have seasonal opportunities? If so, how do I apply?
We do have seasonal opportunities at Wyffels Hybrids. Applications must be completed in person at our headquarters in Geneseo, Illinois or our production facility in Atkinson, Illinois.
- Q:What types of products do you sell?
- Q:How do I find out the relative maturities (RM) for your products?
Check out our products and select the relative maturities best for your farm.
- Q:So what exactly is in the white bag?
The white bag contains 80,000 kernels of seed corn—hybrids loaded with the highest performing genetics and the most advanced technology. Because we genuinely care about your success we ensure you can only purchase seed corn that’s been processed with the most care. All the way from planting on our farm to when you open the bag for planting on your farm, our seed corn receives the best treatment.
- Q:What traits do you offer?
- Q:How can I request more specific product information?
We’re glad to send you more information. Click here to send us an email and we’ll send you the information you’re looking for.
- Q:What seed sizes do you offer and what are the differences?
At Wyffels we offer the following seed sizes-
LP Most frequent weight range is 55-65 lbs/unit. In some cases, depending on the hybrid and seed growing environment, LPs may weigh more than 65 lbs. LPs work well in all plateless planters.
PP Weight is most often between 45-55 lbs/unit, and work well in all plateless planters.
MP Weight is most often between 38-45 lbs/unit, but will never be less than 38 lbs/unit, and work well in all plateless planters.
SP Weight is usually in the 35-38 lbs/unit range. SPs and MPs are sized exactly the same. Weight is the only factor in whether the seed is labeled SP or MP. Units weighing 38 lbs or more are labeled MP. If the unit weighs less than 38 pounds, it is labeled SP.
All LP,PP, MP, and SP seed is sized to a specific tolerance. We do not combine large and small kernels to give you a multitude of kernel sizes or shapes in the bag. You will find our seeds are uniform and work well in seed metering. All Wyffels seed is graded.
- Q:How are your products packaged? What are my options?
Wyffels hybrids come in 80,000 kernel bags.
We also offer FastFill® units.
Number of 80,000 units by size for FastFill® boxes (units/FastFill®):
LP - 35
PP* - 50
MP - 50
SP - 50
* Some boxes with this seed size may contain 45 units due to total weight limitations.
- Q:If I want to order products how do I know availability?
Contact your local Wyffels Representative or contact us to send us a note, chat with us or give us a call.
- Q:I already placed my Wyffels order but need to change a few things. How do I do this?
Contact your local Wyffels Representative or send us a note, chat with us or give us a call.
- Q:How can I get a hold of someone for help with agronomic questions?
Call or e-mail your Wyffels Representative. Be sure to be as specific as possible when informing us of your agronomic questions so we can be sure to help you as quick as possible. Or call our office at 1-800-369-7833.
- Q:How much do your products cost? How do I know what specific products cost?
Product cost is variable depending on trait and your planting zone. Contact your local Wyffels Representative for more information.
- Q:Do you offer discounts?
We offer a variety of discounts depending on when orders are placed, the volume of order and whether you've planted our product in the past. Contact your local Wyffels Representative to learn more about options to best suit your needs.
- Q:I’m interested in financing. Do you offer this?
Yes, we offer Wyffels financing through John Deere Financial. Learn more by clicking here.
- Q:What if I need to replant? What’s your policy?
We're always here to work with you. Should you need to know more about our replant policy click here. And of course call your local Wyffels Representative or contact our office at 1-800-369-7833 for more information.