Jobs at Wyffels
MORE FREE THINKERS.
Our best customers think for themselves. And our best employees do, too. In fact, our entire company was built on individuals not afraid to challenge the status quo. If you identify with this mindset and personality, get in touch with us. We're Wyffels. And we reward free thinking.
This position successfully plans and executes a sales strategy for a specific geographic territory by managing a team of District Sales Managers (DSMs) toward goals of customer satisfaction, customer and sales growth, and profitability.
For a complete job description, click here: Region Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Agriculture; or equivalent of 8 years of previous work experience.
This position is responsible for providing an advanced level of administrative support to the Production Department in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
For a complete job description, click here: Administrative Assistant
- Associates degree in Business or related field.
- 5+ years experience working in an Administrative Role.
- Database administration experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Seed industry experience is a plus.
Accounts Payable/Accounting Support
This position is responsible for paying all vendors timely, maintain accounts payable files and all supporting documentation for future reference, issuing customer refunds and expense reimbursements in an efficient manner. Other responsibilities of this position include various accounting duties and reporting and providing back up and support for Customer Support.
For a complete job description, click here: Accounts Payable/Accounting Support
- 5+ years accounts payable or general accounting experience or a college degree.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Proficient in Excel.
Research Technician - Data Management
The Research Technician reports to the Research Station Manager and manages the data generated by the research activities that have been planned by the research team. This individual is responsible for the entry, audit, maintenance, and reporting of data within the department’s software programs. This position performs work in the corn breeding lab, nursery, and research sites, manages seasonal personnel records, and may be responsible for special projects. This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may oversee the work of seasonal employees, as needed.
For a complete job description, click here: Research Technician - Data Management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Agronomy, or related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years seed research experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Pesticide applicators license, and Class A CDL are a plus.
PR, Digital and Content Manager
The PR, Digital and Content Manager oversees all public relations activities and marketing content initiatives, across multiple platforms and formats, to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behavior. This position has no direct reports. However, several marketing department personnel may, at times, take instruction and direction from the PR, Digital and Content Manager. This position will require some budgetary responsibility, and potentially some management of external agency resources.
Complete job description: PR, Digital and Content Manager
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in public relations, corporate communications, website development and content marketing.
- Strong relationships with industry media outlets.
- Agricultural background preferred.
District Sales Manager
Wyffels Hybrids is seeking professional, highly-motivated individuals as District Sales Managers to actively develop and manage the following areas:
- Southeast South Dakota.
- Southwest Minnesota.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities to achieve sales and profit goals within the assigned territory. This position requires direct sales to customers, management of seed representatives, implementation of sales and marketing strategies, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Complete Job Description: District Sales Manager.
- College degree in agriculture or related discipline.
- 3+ years sales experience in an ag-related industry.
The Production Technician is involved in all areas of seed production at Wyffels Hybrids and performs any or all of the tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities. Responsibilities vary throughout the year, and may include crop production, detasseling, harvest, conditioning, packaging, or warehousing.
For a complete job description, click here: Production Technician
- Associates degree or higher related to agriculture preferred.
- Two to three (2-3) years of on-the-job or related agricultural experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, and remain insurable under company auto policy.
- Possess or willing to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).